Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY Mother/Mother In-law Wedding Day Gift!

I love DIY anything so I am making this blog all about my love for DIY!!! 

DIY Mother in-law Wedding gifts: 

   My sister asked me to make our mother and her soon to be husbands mother a gift for the big day! Sticking with the theme of the wedding, this is what I came up with! 
   
   I got these cheap cardboard boxes from the craft store. These in particular had a section for a photo the sit in. I first painted the boxes with the colors to match the decor of the wedding, the embellished each with a  brown ribbon and a set of flowers (teal and cream) hot glued at the corner. Nuzzled in the flowers, I places and cream pearl. The section where a photo would go, I simply printed out the word Mom and placed it inside. Each box has a handmade piece of jewelry with matching colors of the wedding. As a little extra, I made a bookmark out of card stock, glue, computer paper with poem I got from the internet and a matching flower with ribbon! It was a simple gift that only cost me about $10 to make both with what items I had already! All in all, If you were to buy all the things needed to make something like this, it would only be about $20-$25 depending on the store and sales!!! 

                                                                            Bracelet: 
                                                             
                          Flowers I made for her to throw: SUPER SIMPLE!!!! About $10 to make.


No comments: